Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Vampire Knight: Volumes 11 - 15

6494601From Goodreads:    The Night Class at Cross Academy has been abolished. Zero still attends the Day Class while carrying out his duties as a vampire hunter. Yuki now lives hidden away at the Kuran residence with Kaname, but can she embrace the life of a pureblood vampire?











My Thoughts:

-    Some time has lapsed since the last volume. Things have changed.

-    It seems like Yuki is really struggling with her new vampire life.

-    Why does Zero hate Yuki so much? It isn't like Yuki had any control over what she is or what happened to her, just like him! He is such a hypocrite! 


8679704Goodreads Synopsis:    It's been one year since Yuki left Cross Academy with Kaname, and tonight is her first vampire soirée as a pureblood. Her best friend Sayori has snuck into the party to see her, but will Yuki and Zero be able to protect a human girl amid a bevy of vampires?











My Thoughts:

-    I HATE that Kaname is such a control freak! What the heck!?

-    I'm really losing interest in the story and characters. I miss the mysterious Kaname and brooding Zero. The tension and dynamic isn't the same between Zero, Kaname, and Yuki.


7706970Goodreads Says:    Yuki is attacked by another pureblood outside a graveyard for meddling in the ways of the vampire society. Injured, she returns home to Kaname, who shares with her his past memories and the truth behind the Kuran family.












My Thoughts:

-    I love Kaname's wolfy!! He is so cute!

-    I'm so confused! Who is Kaname? 

-    I liked learning how vampire hunters and their weapons were created. It was nice information.


11707621Goodreads Synopsis:    The Vampire Hunter Society has imprisoned Aido in order to interrogate him about Kaname’s connection to Sara Shirabuki. Meanwhile, Yuki wants a fresh start with Kaname, but circumstances arise that may force them apart.











My Thoughts:

-    Kaname and Yuki have a really weird relationship. I don't like it.

-    I don't understand what is going on. I'm so confused.

-    I don't like Kaname anymore. I don't like any of the characters really. 

-    Why do so many mangas start out amazing but end terribly? It seems to be a pattern for most of them.


13077588From Goodreads:    With Kaname missing, Yuki must now step in as acting head of her clan to maintain the fragile peace between the human and vampire societies. Will she be able to regain the trust of the vampire aristocrats, much less Aido?












My Thoughts:

-    I don't understand what reinstating the night class is going to do. What is the point of all this?

-    Yuki should stop playing around and go find and reprimand Kaname!

-    I'm glad Yuki is finally taking some action, but to what end?

-    I'm bored and confused, and I wish the series had ended with volume 10! 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, exactly! See why I wanted to throttle everyone? Especially Kaname. He just needs someone to take him to hand ONCE.
    This is actually my biggest frustration with manga/graphic novels: Endings/non-endings/bad endings. They always start off with such a bang, and then . . . I think maybe (in the case of manga) they just go on too long sometimes!
    Exceptions: Claymore, Fruits Basket, and Tokyo Ghoul. I loved all of those. I also loved all of Naruto, but I waited to read all of it (except the first volume) until just last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They all seem to start out amazing, and then I get hooked, and then they end up being stupid. I hate that. I couldn't get into Fruits Basket. Keep the recommendations coming though!

      Delete
  2. Oh dang! I'm sorry these are going south.

    ReplyDelete