Monday, January 11, 2016

Welcome to Dead House

125553From Goodreads:    Amanda and Josh Benson move into a new house in Dark Falls, where the residents are all zombies who have died while living in the same house and are preparing to make the Benson family one of them, as they need blood to survive.












My Thoughts:

-    With the Goosebumps movie coming out, I wanted to read one of the books. I started with #1. These used to be SO popular when I was in middle school. I think I read a couple, but I don't remember anything. 

-    This was a bit young for me. I might have enjoyed it when I was 10, but it was hard to love as an adult.

-    The story is really boring. Nothing happens until the very very end.

-    Why doesn't anyone ever listen or pay attention to the dog!?!?!? They are always the first to know when something is up, and time after time people just ignore the dog!

-    I hate what happens to Petey. 

-    Where is the scary/creepy factor? I don't even think a younger reader would be scared while reading this.

-    Again, this was too juvenile for me, but I really don't get why these became popular. I hope the rest of the books are more interesting. I won't be reading them, but I hope they are good. 


My Second Thoughts:

-    Gnome and I read this together. I'm trying to help her get over her fear of everything Halloween/spooky. 

-    When I read it with Gnome, I gained a new appreciation for the book. It was more fun to read with Gnome and get her reactions and perspective. 

-    While I didn't think the book was spooky, she did. The little elements would get her tensed up for something scary, but it didn't get too scary.

-    Gnome didn't want to read this at first, and she even had a bad dream about the book, but in the end, she really liked it. She even asked to read another one.

3 comments:

  1. I've never read any of these books. I wondered if any of these were good. I've heard so many things about them, good and bad. Thanks for taking one for the team and letting us know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read any of these either. I see no point in trying now because I've heard other people say that they're too old for them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read Goosebumps because when they came out I was too old and now I'm not interested. I couldn't figure out what book #1 was... I bought my cousin (who just turned 8) one of these books for Christmas but figured the order of the series didn't matter. I bought her one with a scary snowman on the cover. I don't even know if she's read it or not.

    ReplyDelete