- I love that series takes me to very different lands, weather, and culture. I loved seeing the Rangers work in a desert setting. It is very out of their element.
- I loved how Will gained so much confidence in himself throughout the journey. I understood his worries and concern, but he was well prepared to become a full fledged Ranger.
- I also loved seeing Evanlayn become a shrewd negotiator. I love that she steps up to her responsibilities and is eager to do whatever it takes.
- The different tribes and people in the Arridi desert were fun to read about.
- Even though this book is out of order chronologically, I'm glad the author snuck it in!
Previous Ranger's Apprentice Books