Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dragon Slippers

Dragon Slippers (Dragon Slippers, #1)From Goodreads:    Many stories tell of damsels in distress, who are rescued from the clutches of fire-breathing dragons by knights in shining armor, and swept off to live happily ever after. 

Unfortunately, this is not one of those stories.  

True, when Creel's aunt suggests sacrificing her to the local dragon, it is with the hope that the knight will marry Creel and that everyone (aunt and family included) will benefit handsomely. Yet it's Creel who talks her way out of the dragon's clutches. And it's Creel who walks for days on end to seek her fortune in the king's city with only a bit of embroidery thread and a strange pair of slippers in her possession.

But even Creel could not have guessed the outcome of this tale. For in a country on the verge of war, Creel unknowingly possesses not just any pair of shoes, but a tool that could be used to save her kingdom…or destroy it.

My Thoughts:

-    I LOVE this book!  It is so wonderful, and it always have a special place in my heart because this series were my first signed books.  After meeting Jessica Day George, I craved more, and it led to a whole lot of author events and signings.  Dragon Slippers and Authorpalooza started it all!

-    The beginning reminds me of Dealing with Dragons (another series that I love and cherish from my childhood).  

-    I am a dragon fan.  I admit it.  If the story has dragons, I'll probably love it.

-    I love Feniul.  He is probably my favorite dragon, but I love Shardas as well.  I love that Fenieul collects dogs.  I might do the same if I were a dragon.  I also love all of Feniul's oddities, and I love his big heart.

-    The characters are awesome!  I love Creel so much!  She is unsure of herself, yet spunky and determined.  She has ambition, and she isn't afraid to speak her mind.  Prince Luka is so charming and funny!  I also loved Marta and Alle and Tobin!  The Duke and Duchess were also great side characters that added a lot.

-    Amalia...grrr...there are no words for the hate.  

-    The whole story and the concept are so great!  I just love it!

-    The ending makes me almost cry.  Pathetic, I know, but it does.  I want to cry for Shardas's hoard as well.

-    This is such a fun book to read!  I just crave more after reading it, so I'm glad it is a trilogy.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book I'd really enjoy! :D I'm going to have to put it on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd love it too! You should definitely read this one!

      Delete