Friday, January 25, 2013

The Thirteenth Princess

The Thirteenth PrincessGoodreads Bit:    Zita is not an ordinary servant girl--she's the thirteenth daughter of a king who wanted only sons. When she was born, Zita's father banished her to the servants' quarters to work in the kitchens, where she can only communicate with her royal sisters in secret.

Then, after Zita's twelfth birthday, the princesses all fall mysteriously ill. The only clue is their strangely worn and tattered shoes. With the help of her friends--Breckin the stable boy, Babette the witch, and Milek the soldier--Zita follows her bewitched sisters into a magical world of endless dancing and dreams. But something more sinister is afoot--and unless Zita and her friends can break the curse, the twelve princesses will surely dance to their deaths.

A classic fairy tale with a bold twist, "The Thirteenth Princess" tells the unforgettable story of a magical castle, true love, spellbound princesses--and the young girl determined to save them all.

My Thoughts:

-    I admit to judging this book by it's cover.  I saw it sitting on the shelf at the library, and I was like "oh pretty!"  I took it home, but it didn't disappoint.  

-    This was a really fun and cute re-telling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses.

-    I love the cover!!  The art is fantastic, and I love the colors.  I also love how the title is big and pretty.

-    I really enjoyed this twist on the tale.  It was different from all the others I've read.

-    I really liked Zita.  She was a fun character, and I almost felt like she was my little sister.  
-    It is a good thing this was a fairy tale, cause sisters do not get along that well in the real world.  All of Zita's sisters were so kind, they all got along, and they it was like a big group of best friends.  

-    I liked Breckin and Milek a lot as well.  Breckin was especially fun.  I wish there had been more of Milek.

-    I really enjoyed the whole story.  Adding Babette and Taika in there were really cool, and I like how the curse came about and such.

-    I would definitely recommend this to fairy tale lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment