Goodreads Synopsis: He is a Legend.
She is a Prodigy.
Who will be Champion?
June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.
But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.
With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.
- OMG!! This was amazing!
- The book was thrilling and exciting, and I could feel my heart beat quicken as I read.
- For those of you who were waiting for some action between Day and June, you won't be disappointed!
- The ending! Oh the ending!!! Make sure you have tissues handy for the last couple chapters! Oh the emotions!!! I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending! I hated it, but I loved it! I'm not going to get over this for some time!
- I really loved seeing a map! It was interesting to see the different land masses all in chunks.
- The characters and their development were phenomenal!! I loved how Day and June have progressed through this trilogy. They were softened and hardened. It has been such a journey!
- I enjoyed the Antarctican civilization a lot. It was really awesome and intriguing. It reminded me of a live video game. I would love a new series that takes place in Antarctica.
- This is a series I'm going to want to re-read over and over again! I highly recommend that everyone read this!!