Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Iron Daughter

7747064Goodreads Synopsis:    Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.




My Thoughts:

-    The beginning of the book starts out a bit slow, but it picks up after a few chapters, and kept my attention the rest of the way. 

-    The development for some of the characters was great! I really liked Ironhorse and where his decisions and dedication led him.

-    I don't like the love triangle in the story. I wish Puck was just a friend. I felt like Meghan was just leading him on, and it wasn't fair.  

-    The action and fighting were really fun. I love how detailed the author gets with all the battles. 

-    Soooooo Meghan's "powers" start showing a bit, and the things she can do are crazy!

-    I really like the contrast between the summer and winter fey. The different styles and things are very interesting to me.

-    Obviously there are two more books and the story continues, but I really enjoyed the ending to this one, and I was satisfied. I'm sure the Fey are not done with Meghan.

Series Info:
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)

No comments:

Post a Comment