Celaena finds her training sessions with the captain of the guard, Westfall, challenging and exhilirating. But she's bored stiff by court life. Things get a little more interesting when the prince starts to show interest in her... but it's the gruff Captain Westfall who seems to understand her best.
Then one of the other contestants turns up dead... quickly followed by another.
Can Celaena figure out who the killer is before she becomes a victim? As the young assassin investigates, her search leads her to discover a greater destiny than she could possibly have imagined.
- This was AMAZING! I loved it!
- I have to admit, I like the new covers better than the original. I'm glad they changed it, and I NEVER say that.
- Celaena is full of kick-a awesomeness! I loved her snarkiness and her determination to be the best she could.
- There was a Secret of Nimh line in this book! I laughed when I read it.
- Why must there be a love triangle? Why!? That is my only complaint about this book.
- The story is complex, but it wasn't hard for my to understand. I followed all the Wyrdmark stuff and the competition. There were a lot of characters, but they were easy to keep track of.
- The characters seem older than they are. I felt like I was reading an adult high fantasy book. It was so fun! I love that YA can be just as awesome.
- This is one of those EPIC books that I love to gush over, but I don't feel like I can find the right words to describe exactly why I loved it. I wish I could. GO READ IT!