Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Dead Cert

8525From Goodreads:    As jockey Alan York looked at the back of Bill Davidson astride the great horse Admiral, one thing was different. Before his rival reached the last hurdle, he was dead. Alan knew racing was dangerous; he also knew Bill's death was no accident. It was the kind of knowledge that could get a man killled....














My Thoughts:

-    I usually don't read mystery, but I'd like to get into it. One of my favorite authors said this was one of her favorite authors, so I decided to try it out. 

-    I was bored, really bored. It was very dry, British dry. 

-    I don't know very much about horse racing and jockeys, and I think you need to know more about the sport than I do to comprehend everything that was going on. 

-    I think part of my boredom stemmed from a major book hangover from the coconut cake book.

-    I really want to give mystery another chance. Any recommendations? I'd like to read Agatha Christie, but I don't know where to start. I open to whatever though. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your foray into mystery didn't go so well. I have recommendations but we need to talk in person. I think you'll find that Big Little Lies is a bit of a mystery so there you go.

    ReplyDelete