Friday, April 22, 2022

The Silence of Bones


Author:  June Hur

Publisher:  Feiwel & Friends

Date Published:  April 21, 2020

Genre:  Historical Fiction, Mystery, Young Adult

Rating:  ⭐




My Thoughts:

-    Seol is practically a slave to the police bureau, but she has dreams of home and finding her long lost brother. When a wealthy woman is murdered, Seol becomes invaluable to the detective put in charge of the investigation. It turns out the Seol is brave, good at getting information, and clever. Besides solving a murder, Seol also has to deal with the struggles of her station. 

-    I loved Seol's character. She was easy to root for, and I just wanted her to get a happy ending. I loved how fear didn't stop her from doing things. She was so brave, and her curiosity was a curse and a blessing. 

-    I didn't know who to trust most of the time. I had no idea how the story was going to end. It was heartwarming and heartbreaking. The ending gave me all the feels. 

-    I loved the beautiful setting of Joseon Korea. It was such a beautiful time and place in history, but it also had it's low points. I loved all the politics and intrigue.

-    I really appreciated this book, and I hope there are a lot more Korean historical fiction books coming. 


My Thoughts in a GIF:

4 comments:

  1. This does sound beautiful. I spent a year in Korea and it's such a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! I would love to re-visit Korea some day.

      Delete
  2. I like reading books that are set in Korea. It's a fascinating culture and country. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, but I'm biased. Ha ha! The culture is very beautiful.

      Delete