Friday, August 2, 2013

Ally Condie Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Ally Condie

Author of

I feel like Ally Condie and her books are pretty well known in Utah, so instead of talking about how awesome her books are, I want to do something a little different. I'm going to spotlight her fans!

Raving Reviews:

Matched

It's All About Books:  "The best thing about this book is that it makes you think about how important our every day choices are, and how we should never never take that for granted."

Alison Can Read:  "I read the first two pages of Matched, smiled, and said 'I'm going to like this.' Ally Condie is a fabulous writer. She created a Utopian dystopian love story with strong, likeable main characters."

Crossed 

Squeaky Books:  "The first thing that struck me was how poetic this book is. Matched has a lot of poetry, and it's a big theme in the book. Crossed IS poetry. Some of the chapters are actually written in stanzas! The story flows together beautifully, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time."

Emily's Reading Room:  "Honestly, this book ruined me. After reading it in back in September I still have not been able to find a book that spoke to me as much as Crossed did...Each page of this novel is a work of art. With each turn of the page I found myself pointing to a passage and saying, 'Yes! I've felt this way before! That's exactly what it's like.' And what is remarkable is that I don't live in a dystopian society where everything is chosen for me. Ally does a magnificent job of taking a society so different from our own, and relating it to the human experience that so many of us share."

Reached

Books: A True Story:  "All of the characters are reaching for something.  Some of them make it and some of them don’t.  I loved how significant the title was to the whole story.  The colors red, green, and blue are woven throughout the narrative, tying the whole thing together in a beautiful way."

Rampant Readers:  Overall, Reached was a great story about fighting for whats right, becoming leaders, and giving the chance to choose; about reaching and being reached.

Fan Art:












7 comments:

  1. I love this feature! What a cool idea to use fan art :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it would be different and fun.

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome!! Very fun spotlighting job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Kami! I love the quotes from all the reviews. And the art. There are some really talented people out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these books.. therefore I love Ally!!! Great post!

    Angie

    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on "spotlight." The fan art is amazing. Do you find this in multiple places or is there a forum of some kind?

    Also, this made me want to finish up REACHED.

    ReplyDelete