Saturday, August 10, 2013

Katamari Damacy



My Overall Thoughts:

-    This was a really addictive and fun game, but it was too short! It only took me an hour or two to beat. I wanted more! Since I became addicted for a couple days, I replayed some levels over again, but it wasn’t the same as more content.

My Thoughts on Gameplay:

-    To be honest, I’m not sure what the storyline was. I skipped the cut scenes with the weird square legoish people. From what I gather, the King (who is kinda creepy and has a bulge), is making his son, the prince, roll up a big Katamari ball so he can make a star out of it. He also makes constellations and the moon out of big Katamaris.

-    A Katamari is a little sticky ball that you roll around and pick up stuff with. You start out picking up small things like thumb tacks, and the Katamari slowly gains mass and gets bigger. When it gets bigger, you can pick up larger objects. It is really fun to see your Katamari grow, and it is fun to start picking up larger and larger things. Like I said, it is addictive.

-    Making the little stars was sometimes frustrating because of the time limit. I just wanted to play until I hit the goal target. I hated that stupid time limit, and I hated the stupid siren that went off during the last minute!

-    Making the constellations was fun because you had to pick up the sign for each constellation. For instance, for Tauras, you had to pick up oxen or cows. One of them you picked up ladies, one of them was twins, one was crabs, etc.

-    The moon was the most fun to make. The Katamari started out really small, but by the end, you’re picking up land masses, clouds, tornados, and other giant things. It is awesome!

My Thoughts on Control:

-    There is a long intro and control guide at the beginning of the game.  Not gonna lie, there is a big learning curve to the controls! It took me a while to finally figure out how to move the Katamari ball where I wanted it. The larger the Katamari, the more difficult it was to move. I still don’t fully understand the turbo roll thingy. The Katamari also got stuck a lot, and that was frustrating.

-    My biggest complaint was that I had no control over the camera, and the camera was awful!

My Thoughts on Graphics:

-    Everything is blocky and looks like toys, but I think they did that on purpose. The color was really dull on everything. I thought some things were funny, but overall, I think they could have done better!

My Thoughts on Sound:

-    The music was the best part of the game! I loved all the Japanese influenced songs! The whole game is very Japanese, but I loved the music the best!  Gnome loved dancing and singing the songs! It was funny.
                
-    I also loved it when the people screamed when you picked them up or when you picked up a building. I got a lot of pleasure out of scaring the crap out of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment