Thursday, August 22, 2013

I Hate Nightmares


On Saturday night I had a horrible nightmare!

My husband had died, and I planned his funeral. I had to conduct the funeral, and I couldn't make it through. I had to take care of all sorts of affairs including writing a blog post about how I was taking a break from blogging. I couldn't eat or sleep. I just mostly cried. The worst part was it seemed so real! The pain of losing my husband hurt! I literally felt pain in my stomach. It was awful.

I woke up, clung onto my hubby and cried! When I have nightmares, the feelings from them linger for a while. It is awful. My stomach ached and felt tight, I was panicky and shaking, I couldn't stop crying from sadness, and I felt exhausted! My hubby was very sweet and held me until I got over it. I had to take a little nap even though I had just woken up from the night. Like I said, I felt exhausted from my dream. I slept for a few hours and felt a lot better afterwards.

People tell me I have a really strong imagination, and that is why my dreams always feel real, and the feelings from them linger when I wake up. My brother says it is from reading too much. I guess you really can have too much of a good thing! I'm not going to stop reading though! 

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, Kami that's awful. I've had a couple dreams where my husband died and they shook me up for a while. :(
    I dream about books I'm reading some times, but I wouldn't give it up either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dreams like this about bad things happening to my kids and I wake up sobbing and gasping. It's awful. And they wonder why I get nervous when they don't come home as expected! My imagination is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like nightmares either. I have always found dreaming odd... I prefer to not remember my dreams. I just think they are odd and weird and it bothers me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a lot more nightmares when I was younger. I hope you've recovered from this one; the feelings from the worst ones can linger so long afterwards. I have to say my husband would have been sweet at first, too, with a nightmare like yours, but the next day he would have definitely commented on the fact that posting on the blog seemed to be uppermost on my mind at his funeral! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it makes you feel better, I've heard that people who have nightmares are happier during the day because they work out their problems/fears at night. Studies show that depressed people actually have more good dreams than nightmares. So...there's that? I have the worst nightmares.

    ReplyDelete