Friday, August 16, 2013

Utah Awesomeness


Since we are celebrating Utah books, bloggers, and authors this month, I wanted to share other things I love about our Beehive State!

I love seeing all the LDS temples in our state! There are 14 temples in Utah plus 3 under construction! These buildings are so beautiful, and we are so blessed to have temples all around us.

I couldn't live anywhere that didn't have mountains! I love being surrounded by these beauties! They make me feel safe.

Going along with the mountains, Utah has awesome hikes! This is me and my fam hiking to Stewart Falls. We hike this every year! It is my favorite!

We have a lot of beautiful buildings in Utah, but one of my favorites is the Provo Library! I love this building (interior and exterior). I have made a lot of fun memories in this building.

I have no idea why this hasn't caught on all over our country! Fry sauce people!! It is awesome!!

Since Utah is a high elevated desert in the Rockies, we get awesome seasons! I love having seasons, and I'm excited that fall and everything pumpkin is just around the corner!

Utah is home to FIVE national parks!! My fam and I finally went to Arches this year! I am going to visit all 5 some day. Bryce Canyon is next on my list. Our state is so pretty! 

Last but definitely not least, I love the book community here in Utah! I love all my blogger buddies and all our awesome authors that call Utah home! We rock!

8 comments:

  1. Fry sauce. LOL. I did a trimester in culinary school and during my last lab of the tri, one of the guys turns to me very serious. "You're from Utah, right?" I nodded. "HAve you heard of fry sauce?"

    I don't think any Utahn who's lived here for longer than a year (maybe less than a year?) hasn't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. Love the pictures. I think I've been to all five national parks here and Arches is my favorite by far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arches was pretty fantastic! I can't believe I hadn't been until this year! I feel like a slacker!

      Delete
  3. I love everything about this (except for the fry sauce. bleh!) :) Stewart Falls is one of my favorite hikes because it's not oo hard/long. But I've never gone with my kids. We'll have to try it!
    Is that top picture Bountiful? I always mix that one and Timp up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Bountiful! I didn't even know that is what it was, ha ha! I just thought it was a cool picture and used it.

      Delete
  4. Yay for Utah! You captured three of my favorites: mountains, fry sauce, and the prettiness of the Provo Library. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for the blogging community and all the other good stuff about utah it really is a great place to live

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at our lovely mountains :) It wouldn't be home without them. I like hiking in them when I have time, too. I love the pic of you at Delicate Arch!

    ReplyDelete