Callie loves theater. And while she would totally try out for her middle school's production of Moon Over Mississippi, she can't really sing. Instead she's the set designer for the drama department stage crew, and this year she's determined to create a set worthy of Broadway on a middle-school budget. But how can she, when she doesn't know much about carpentry, ticket sales are down, and the crew members are having trouble working together? Not to mention the onstage AND offstage drama that occurs once the actors are chosen. And when two cute brothers enter the picture, things get even crazier!
- I love Raina Telgemeier books! They are so fun and so true to life in a humorous kind of way.
- The illustrations are awesome! Raina is one of my favorite illustrators. Her characters are cute, and their facial expressions crack me up. The faces are SO expressive, the reader knows exactly how the character feels
- This book almost made me want to work backstage for a play. It seems fun.
- I love Callie's hair. It is a fun purple/magenta color.
- I'm sure a lot of girls can relate to Callie. I know I had a few of her dramatic moments.
- I like how the story is told in different acts instead of chapters, like a play.
- Callie's love for stage sets reminded me a lot of my love for architecture. They are very similar. I connected a lot with Callie.
- I liked the twins. Their personalities complimented each other so nicely. You can't help but love them.
- Fun fun fun!!! I want more from this author!!