A lamb among wolves in a cruel world, Darrow finds friendship, respect, and even love - but also the wrath of powerful rivals. To wage and win the war that will change humankind's destiny, Darrow must confront the treachery arrayed against him, overcome his all-too-human desire for retribution - and strive not for violent revolt but a hopeful rebirth. Though the road ahead is fraught with danger and deceit, Darrow must choose to follow Eo's principles of love and justice to free his people.
He must live for more.
- Holy cow! These books are awesome! So many feels! This first book was awesome, and the story just keeps growing an evolving into something even more.
- The politics in this book is crazy! Everything is so intricate and could fall apart at any moment. The politics were a little overwhelming at times, but it was vital to the story.
- I'm not sure if I like how Darrow's character has changed or not. He is under some serious pressure from all sides, and I'm not sure all of his decisions were good ones.
- There are some blow your mind revelations in this book.
- These books aren't for everyone. It gets very violent. People die! People I care about die, and it isn't pretty! There is a lot of sexual banter/language/references that I could have lived without.
- I don't know who to trust!! The betrayals left me wounded. Darrow made some majorly good and bad choices that gained him strong allies but also strong enemies. I wasn't sure who was going to stand by him and who was going to stab him in the back (literally and figuratively).
- The ending!!!! GAH! I HATE cliffhangers like this!! This ending left me feeling hopeless and bleeding! Oh my heck! WHY!?!?
- Next book please!?!?!? NOW!