Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Scarlet Pimpernel

File:The Scarlet Pimpernel 1982 film dvd cover.jpg


My Thoughts:

-    Oh my flamboyance! Percy's acting was too much. I couldn't handle it. 

-    What the crap does "Sink me!" even mean? It baffled me every time Percy said it.

-    Ian McKellen is SO young in this! I almost didn't recognize him. He was awesome!

-    I liked seeing Percy's disguises. They were really fun and clever. 

-    This didn't follow the book very well, but I could see why people like it.

-    My husband thought Marguerite was very pretty. I couldn't over her giant afro. 

-    The music was over dramatic at times and very absent other times.

-    The best part of the movie was the costumes. 

-    This movie was bit over the top for me. I didn't hate it, but I didn't enjoy it either. 

-    I wouldn't mind seeing a more updated version of this with less flamboyancy.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, Percy's whole fop act was too much in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so disappointed that you didn't like Percy. I thought he was the best thing about this show. This is one of my faves. Oh well. We've already discovered that we don't have much in common when it comes to movies. To each their own, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read raving reviews of this movie, so many people seem to love it! So it's made me curious to watch it some day. Still think I'd like to, just to see if I agree with you or everyone else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wouldn't be The Scarlet Pimpernel without the flamboyancy.. that's the whole point! He says "sink me" all the time in the musical too. And is very much over the top. It's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Percy makes this whole movie!! LOL she does have a giant affro. So awesome :) But … but … the over the top is what makes it so fun!

    ReplyDelete