- This wasn't as good as I had hoped, but it was still good.
- I wanted there to be more action and scheming. I wish the book had been from Marguerite AND The Scarlet Pimpernel's perspective. I really wanted to read about some of the rescues.
- This was pretty easy to read for a classic. There wasn't a lot of the old English language and phrases.
- Even though the book was very predictable, I still enjoyed it, especially the end. I liked how Percy and Marguerite grew more as a couple.
- Chauvelin was a fun villain. He reminded me of Javert from Les Miserables.
- I liked that the story didn't have a ton of politics in it. It was more about blackmail and love. I really appreciated that.