It's at Spence that Gemma's power to attract the supernatural unfolds as she becomes entangled with the school's most powerful girls and discovers her mother's connection to a shadowy, timeless group called The Order. Her destiny awaits... if only Gemma can believe in it.
- There were some slow moments throughout the book, especially in the beginning, but I still enjoyed it, and the story and characters kept me interested.
- There were elements of A Little Princess and Dead Poet's Society which I really liked.
- At first the main girls weren't very interesting to me, but as I got to know them they really grew on me. I really like how each girl has her own flaws and qualities.
- The story wasn't what I was expecting at all. I didn't know there would be magic, and I really enjoyed it.
- The setting was wonderful. It was so vivid and real. Libba did some great world building.
- I don't understand Kartik's purpose. I'm guessing the gypsies have a bigger role to play, and I hope I get to see more of that in the next book.
- I'm hoping the next book picks up the pace a bit, and I'm excited to read it.