Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Darth Vader Annual #1 and Darth Vader #16 - #20

28225467Goodreads Synopsis:    It is a time of unrest. After the fall of the Republic, the Galactic Empire took over with an iron fist. Yet the Empire does not stand unchallenged as the rebels continue to fight back

The destruction of the Death Star has ignited faith that the Rebellion will prevail, but the Emperor is determined to eliminate any and all threats. As more and more planets fall under Imperial control, Lord Vader travels to Shu-torun with a message to reinforce their cooperation....






My Thoughts:

-    This issue introduces a new planet and people. It is pretty neat.

-    Interesting story, I'm not sure what to think of it. Hopefully we get more from future Darth Vader issues. I don't want to wait for once a year comics!

-    I feel so bad for Trio.

-    I can't get over these evil droids. They are too much fun!


29056624From Goodreads:    New story arc! The planet Shu-Torin, (introduced in the Darth Vader Annual), is revolting. Darth Vader is tasked with leading a military assault. Has Vader's rise to glory begun?













My Thoughts:

-    This issue picks up right after the Darth Vader Annual comic. Why did they need to make a Darth Vader Annual? Couldn't that have been #16? So weird!

-    Looks like Vader is finally getting back into the Emperor's good graces.

-    Trio is acting pretty calm considering all the crap Vader is putting her through. I hope she is planning a major revenge scheme. 



Darth Vader #17From Goodreads:    Would you follow Darth Vader into war? Better that than to be against him. A lesson the Ore Barons are about to learn...














My Thoughts:

-    Not a lot of thoughts on this one.

-    I'm hoping Aphra gets back into the game, and I hope Vader still has his own agenda he is working on.



29741476Goodreads Says:    With resources vital to the Empire on the line, Vader makes his move...but Cylo and his forces are looking to show him up before he can! Full-scale warfare on the surface of Sho-Turun!












My Thoughts:

-    Not a lot to say about this one as well. 

-    This issue mostly setup some plot points for future issues.



29908816
From Goodreads:    The Shu-Torun War concludes! Will Vader bring the Ore Barons in line? Or will Cylo and his warriors show the Dark Lord how it's done?













My Thoughts:

-    I really doubt all of this happened between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. When is the series going to tie back into the original story line?

-    I'm not sure how long I'll continue this series. I like it when the story runs more parallel the Star Wars comics like it did in the beginning. 

-    I think Triple Zero and Beetee need their own series.


30168368Goodreads Says:    New Story Arc! "END OF GAMES" begins this issue! Inspector Thanoth returns with some startling information. Vader may have passed his master's tests...but will his own schemes prove his undoing? PLUS: A bonus tale of Triple-Zero and Beetee!











My Thoughts:

-    I enjoy the exchanges between Vader and the Emperor. They are very interesting.

-    The little side Beetee and Triple Zero story was awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Evil droids? Now that's a scary thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! These droids are specialized in torture and destruction. They are scary, but so awesome!

      Delete