Thursday, September 15, 2016

Kubo and the Two Strings

Image result for Kubo movie poster


My Thoughts:

-    The movie was good. I enjoyed it for the most part, but I feel like it was just shy of being an awesome movie, and that is frustrating. 

-    I think that if someone else had helped with the story, like John Lasseter or someone with equally amazing storytelling skills, this movie could have been SO much better.

-    I don't EVER say this about books or movies, but I felt like this movie was white washed. I usually don't care, but for this movie, I cared. I wish more of the voice acting had been done by actual Japanese actors. I liked Charlize Theron a lot. Her voice was perfect for her character, but I really didn't like Matthew McConaughey. His voice just didn't fit with the movie, and I hated that his character was classic male idiot. Why couldn't he have been the epic warrior he was? I also wish the Moon King had been a different actor, like Ken Watanabe or something.

-    The animation was awesome! I loved the stop motion stuff. They did a great job.

-    The origami was cool!

-    My favorite part about watching this movie was that my husband and I had the whole theater to ourselves. We were able to talk and be loud. I walked up and down aisles with Sqeaker. I also made shadow puppets on the screen, and poked the characters in the nose. It was SO fun. 

-    This movie is definitely worth seeing, but I probably wouldn't buy it. I'd watch it again though.

4 comments:

  1. Corey and I will probably watch this. I wonder what I'll think. I'm not quite as picky as you are on some things, but then I'm very picky about others. So, it could go either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite my complaints, I still thought it was a great movie. I think you'll like it.

      Delete
  2. I can't decide if I'll see this one yet. I love having the theater to myself. It's happened a few times before and it's soooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like animation? Having the theater to ourselves was awesome!

      Delete