Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cyrano de Bergerac

Cyrano de Bergerac

From Goodreads:    Regarded as one of the greatest dramas ever written, this story of the silver-tongued soldier whose unfortunate looks drive him to woo his love by speaking for his handsome but dull-witted rival is beloved around the world.

My Thoughts:

-    This was a really fun and beautiful play.  I laughed and almost cried.

-    I couldn't pronounce a lot of names, but it didn't detract from the story at all.

-    I liked the first few poems at the beginning.  They were really fun and used well.

-    I think I would almost fall for Cyrano as well.  He was very witty and eloquent.  He is really prideful though, and I don't know if I could get over the big ego.

-    The ending is sad, real sad.  Why do plays have to end sadly?  

-    Even though it is written as a play, it was really easy to read, and I could picture everything. 

-    I've never read this classic play before, but I'm glad I did, and I really want to add it to my library now.  It is a keeper!  

-    I'm going to be thinking about this play for next few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment