Friday, June 22, 2012

Poison Study

Poison Study (Study, #1)

Goodreads Synopsis:    About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace—and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust—and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear…

My Thoughts:

-    The story captured me from the very beginning, and it never slows down.  Each chapter is full of awesomeness!!  The plot is intense!!

-    A lot of chapters ended with a little cliffhanger, so I kept telling myself "just one more chapter," but then I couldn't stop.  I read this in 2 sittings.

-    There is some sexual abuse in this book.  Nothing extremely graphic, but it made me cringe a little inside.  This book is probably more for adults.

-    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the banter and bond with Ari and Janco!!!  They crack me up!  Yelena couldn't ask for better friends.  Their loyalty is priceless.  They remind me of how my older brothers protect me.

-    Valek...*sigh*...he is my literature heart throb.  The little flirtations between him and Yelena just make me swoon!!  I haven't swooned this bad over a guy from a book since Gilbert Blythe.

-    Every character is AMAZING!  I really liked how complex some of the people were, like Rand.  I also LOVED seeing Yelena grow so much from beginning to end.  I really connected and fell in love with a lot of the characters, and I just want to read more about them!!

-    Snyder's writing style is perfect.  Everything flows so well, and I can picture everything so clearly and easily.  She is one of my favorite authors.

-    This book gives me such a thrill.  The emotions I go through while reading are crazy!  I feel sad, happy, hopeful, gushy, angry, suspicious, excited, etc.  I love books that let me experience so many things!  

-    I just can't say enough about how great this book is.  It is one of those books where you can't stop turning pages to see what happens, but you are sorry it is over cause you never want it to end.  

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to read this series for a while. I need to get to it sooner rather than later. But, I don't know if that will happen, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely add this to the top of your list!!! It is awesome! This was my 2nd time reading it.

      Delete