I had a request to review this a while ago (after I read the book), and it took me a while to get it from the library...and work up the courage to watch it.
- The only things that are remotely similar to the book is:
A) There was a Mr. Popper
B) There were Penguins
- The sailing story at the beginning was WAY WAY WAY cheesy.
- Jim Carrey is old, and it really shows in this one.
- Angela Lansbury!!!! She is still alive!?!?!
- Terrible James Stewart impersonation
- That charity/art/old people party thingy took place in a weird building. It looked like a parking garage.
- How the heck did the penguins find him in the city?
- I did laugh a few times...I admit it.
- I liked his secretary.
- The penguin flying with the kite was terrible!! TERRIBLE!!
- The square toilet was cool.
- The ending was pretty lame.