- I don't remember this story as much as I do the previous books, so it was almost like reading it for the first time, and I loved it!
- Taran grows and learns so much in this tale. He finally makes that transition from boy to man. Not only does Taran learn from everyone he encounters on his journey, but he also teaches them things in return.
- There are a lot of good messages and morals taught throughout the book, not just for the characters but for the readers as well.
- Gurgi's friendship is priceless. He is so loyal and steadfast. Gurgi is always happy and willing to sacrifice whatever and follow Taran in anything.
- Taran really proves how hard working he is. He does honest work, and he never does it half heatedly. He does a good job. I wish I had that kind of diligence in everything I did.
- While there isn't a lot of action, there is a lot of value in this book.
Previous books in The Chronicle of Prydain Series
(Click on the cover to see my thoughts)