Monday, February 17, 2014

Rapunzel's Revenge

2626492Goodreads Bit:    Once upon a time, in a land you only think you know, lived a little girl and her mother . . . or the woman she thought was her mother.
Every day, when the little girl played in her pretty garden, she grew more curious about what lay on the other side of the garden wall . . . a rather enormous garden wall.
And every year, as she grew older, things seemed weirder and weirder, until the day she finally climbed to the top of the wall and looked over into the mines and desert beyond.
Newbery Honor-winning author Shannon Hale teams up with husband Dean Hale and brilliant artist Nathan Hale (no relation) to bring readers a swashbuckling and hilarious twist on the classic story as you've never seen it before. Watch as Rapunzel and her amazing hair team up with Jack (of beanstalk fame) to gallop around the wild and western landscape, changing lives, righting wrongs, and bringing joy to every soul they encounter.
My Thoughts:
-    A triple Hale book. There was no way for this book to not be good!
-    The illustrations are, of course, beautiful and amazing.
-    I feel like Disney used this book in a lot of their planning for Tangled. 
-    I liked the duo of Jack and Rapunzel. They are funny together. Rapunzel is spunky and fearless, and Jack is funny and clever. 
-    I love the charm and humor that Shannon brings to this story.
-    I read this to my 3 year old, and she loved it! It was really fun and cute, and I love that it entertained me and her.
-    I didn't even realize who Jack was until the end! I felt dumb! 
-    I like how other fairy tales made there way into Rapunzel's story.
-    Overall, this is a fun fun fun book! Read it!

2 comments:

  1. I love this book so much. When I first read it with my sister, we both noticed a lot of similarities to Tangled, too. Still, it's a very fresh take on Rapunzel.

    ReplyDelete