Evie worries he’ll discover her darkest secret: a supernatural power that has only brought her trouble so far. But when the police find a murdered girl branded with a cryptic symbol and Will is called to the scene, Evie realizes her gift could help catch a serial killer.
As Evie jumps headlong into a dance with a murderer, other stories unfold in the city that never sleeps. A young man named Memphis is caught between two worlds. A chorus girl named Theta is running from her past. A student named Jericho hides a shocking secret. And unknown to all, something dark and evil has awakened.
- This has been on my TBR for years! I even saw Libba when she was on tour for this book. I wish I had read it sooner!
- The story is so hauntingly creeptastic! It was awesome! I loved all the spooks and legends and everything.
- The setting was awesome! Libba must have spent forever researching the twenties, because everything felt so genuine and real.
- I liked all the characters, and I liked that they each had individual stories. I kept wondering about each one, and I want to know more about each one. Evie is her own worst enemy at times, but she knows it.
- Wonderful story! I hope the rest of the series is just as good. I think this could have been a stand alone, so I'm curious about how the story will continue.