Author: Amanda Gorman
Date Published: December 7, 2021
- There were two very distinct things that captivated me from President Biden's inauguration. Amanda Gorman and her poem were mesmerizing. I loved it, and I knew I had to read more from Gorman. Sadly, I had to wait a while for her book. The second thing was Bernie Mittens. It tickles my funny bone just right, and I love it.
- The poems touched on a lot of current events: COVID, racism, politics, etc. The poems were so raw and honest. I loved Gorman's take on things, and her words of hope and moving forward.
- Gorman's writing is masterful. Her word choice and cadence are . . . beautiful, unique, thought-provoking, indescribable. It is hard for me to put my thoughts and opinions in words. I feel like there isn't a word that truly justifies how good her writing is.
- Not all of the poems moved me, but a lot of them did. They touched my heart and soul, and I felt her words. I had physical reactions like goosebumps and butterflies. The book was a real experience for me.
- I cannot gush enough about this book. I love Gorman's work, and I love her story. Go read it!
My Thoughts in a GIF:
P.S. In case you missed Amanda Gorman's poem and Bernie Mittens, here are some videos for you.