Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.
Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.
- Marvelous from beginning to end! I LOVE this book!
- I kept picturing Scarlet as Red Riding Hood from Once Upon a Time...a red head version.
- The story is so well thought out! It is so intricate but not confusing. I love how all the pieces came together and the two stories fit together!
- The writing was really good. I like the way things were said, and I liked the word choice. Marissa Meyer is really good at storytelling and writing!
- I really liked how different chapters were from different perspectives, and we got to get bits and pieces of the whole story. It was really well done and clever.
- Each character was so amazing in their roles! I liked seeing the old characters from Cinder, but I loved all the new additions.
- I liked Wolf a lot. He was like a mix of Four from Divergent and Wolf from The Tenth Kingdom. I loved it! He might just be my new literature heartthrob.
- I was so hooked all the way through the book. It gives you just enough anticipation and info to keep to you intrigued and dying to find out what happens next!
- This is one of those stories I had to know what happens, but I'm so sad it ended! This book has really picked up the momentum for the story!! I am eagerly awaiting the next book!!!
Previous Lunar Chronicles Book
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)