Thursday, March 24, 2016

Princess in the Spotlight

1141599From Goodreads:    Just when Mia thought she had the whole Princess thing under control ...

Things get out of hand, fast:

Since Mia's the brand-new crown princess of Genovia, indomitable dowager princess Grandmere arranges a national primetime interview for her. With just a few innocent remarks, Mia manages to enrage her best friend Lilly, practically get one of her teachers fired, and alienate the entire country of Genovia. (Population 50,000, but still!)

There's the havoc of the interview's aftermath and her dreaded princess lessons at the Plaza. Plus an unexpected announcement from her mother, and intriguing, exasperating letters from a secret admirer. Mia is swept up in a whirlwind of royal intrigue the likes of which hasn't been seen since volume I of The Princess Diaries.

What's an heir to the royal throne to do?


My Thoughts:

-    Mia is still a spaz and still obsesses over EVERYTHING!

-    Mia's mom is a basket case. Does she ever do any actual parenting? I feel like Mia takes care of their apartment and lives more than Helen.

-    I do enjoy all the pop culture references. They are one of my favorite things about these books. 

-    Donald Trump is EVERYWHERE!! No one can escape him, even in a 15 year old book!

-    I still don't like Lilly, and I'm not sure about everyone else. 


Previous Book in The Princess Diaries Series:
(covers are linked)

568617

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you're still reading them even though they're not as good as you remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't know why I'm still reading. I really want to get to the last one I guess.

      Delete