This time, the magic mirror sucks Abby and Jonah into the story of Beauty and the Beast. When Jonah angers the Beast by picking flowers from his garden, he becomes the Beast's prisoner! Abby has to save her brother by finding Beauty, whom the Beast will surely fall in love with, right? NOPE. The Beast doesn't like Beauty, so it's up to Abby and her brother to match-make this reluctant pair and fix this fractured fairy tale before things get pretty ugly!
- I thought this was going to be about Sleeping Beauty, but we already had that fairy tale, and she is holding a rose on the cover. Duh!
- This was a really cute story. I'm always delightfully surprised with these books.
- Ha! I love the twist towards the end!
- I love Beauty and Mr. Beast. Their characters are really fun and very unconventional.
- The ending is so great! I love that these stories play on the original fairy tale, but the characters get a happy endings in very different ways.
- I like that we get little hints about Maryrose with each book. I wish the hints were tad bigger though! The curiosity is killing me!
- For middle grade, these are pretty good, and I'm excited for my daughter to read them.