Once he was an orphan called Pug, apprenticed to a sorcerer of the enchanted land of Midkemia.. Then he was captured and enslaved by the Tsurani, a strange, warlike race of invaders from another world.
There, in the exotic Empire of Kelewan, he earned a new name--Milamber. He learned to tame the unnimagined powers that lay withing him. And he took his place in an ancient struggle against an evil Enemy older than time itself.
- I enjoyed this book more than the first. It had a lot more action and adventure.
- The story starts up a few years after Apprentice ends.
- Throughout the story a lot of the Tsurani people earned my respect. I didn't think of them as the evil enemy anymore.
- Pug's vision on the tour is long. It isn't super interesting, and I'm not sure I understood it all.
- The voyage through the Straits of Darkness was thrilling! I loved learning more about Amos Trask.
- The ending was perfect! Everything ended well, right down to the last words exchanged between Arutha and Trask. Things were resolved and everything seemed put right.
- What affection I gained for the characters in the first book only increased in this one! I loved learning more about each of them, and I loved seeing everyone mature and grow.
- This book was wonderful! Absolutely epic and awesome!