Monday, May 20, 2013

Silverthorn

Silverthorn (The Riftwar Saga, #3)Goodreads Synopsis:    A poisoned bolt has struck down the Princess Anita on the day of her wedding to Prince Arutha of Krondor.

To save his beloved, Arutha sets out in search of the mystic herb called Silverthorn that only grows in the dark and forbidding land of the Spellweavers.

Accompanied by a mercenary, a minstrel, and a clever young thief, he will confront an ancient evil and do battle with the dark powers that threaten the enchanted realm of Midkemia.








My Thoughts:

-    SO MUCH FUN!!

-    This book has a slightly different feel from the first two. It has new villains and a whole lot of new predicaments.

-    There was a lot going on with a lot of characters in this story, but it is written so well that there isn't any confusion and everything makes sense. 

-    I love the characters in Feist's books! They are so amazing and awesome in their own way. There is know way I could pick a favorite.

-    Brother Dominic went all Thor on us for a bit. That was awesome!

-    Jimmy is a more prominent character in this one. He really adds a lot to the story and already established characters. He is one of my favorites. 

-    There were more emotions in this book. The struggle to save Anita was felt throughout the journey, and I could feel the fear, need for speed, anger, hope, etc. 

-    I loved that Pug journeyed back to Kelewan. His journey and research there were very enlightening.

-    The action towards the end is riveting. I felt like I was right there! The writing is so good!

-    There are a few surprises at the end, and I can't wait to dive into the next book!


Previous books in The Riftwar Saga
(click on to cover to see my thoughts)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment