Alina, a pale, lonely orphan, discovers a unique power that thrusts her into the lavish world of the kingdom’s magical elite—the Grisha. Could she be the key to unravelling the dark fabric of the Shadow Fold and setting Ravka free?
The Darkling, a creature of seductive charm and terrifying power, leader of the Grisha. If Alina is to fulfill her destiny, she must discover how to unlock her gift and face up to her dangerous attraction to him.
But what of Mal, Alina’s childhood best friend? As Alina contemplates her dazzling new future, why can’t she ever quite forget him?
Glorious. Epic. Irresistible. Romance.
- I really love the world that Bardugo created. It is based on countries I know, but it is still a unique new place.
- The characters were good, but I wasn't in love with them. I hope to get a better connection in the next book.
- I really liked Genya. She was a fun side character, and I really want to learn more about her. It would be awesome to have her power!
- The story was really great! I was fascinated with what was going on, and I wanted to learn more. I knew there had to be a catch to everything that Alina was going through.
- The ending is wide open for more, and the story is definitely not finished, but it wasn't a huge cliffhanger.
- I really like how magic works. It was really thought out and makes sense.
- I really don't have many thoughts on this book. It was a fun read, and I just cruised through it. It wasn't deep or complicated. I just enjoyed the ride.