- This was a pretty depressing book! I blame a lot of it on the main character. Deanna made a lot of stupid choices, and while I kind of felt sorry for her, I thought she brought a lot of it upon herself.
- Deanna's dad was JERK!! He has serious issues and should get counseling.
- There is a lot of heavy language in this book. There were a lot of f-bombs and other uncomfortable words. There was also a lot of talk about sex. I wish a lot this had been cut down. I don't think the language was needed, especially for the target audience of this book.
- I felt like the whole story didn't go anywhere. It was just a piece of this girl's life and there was no conclusion. I don't feel like things got better. She resolved one or two things in her life, but overall, not a lot changed.
- I feel grateful for the family I have!
- Most of the boys in the book were perverts! I can't believe other people didn't step in to help Deanna when boys were being mean to her.
- I've heard a lot of people rave about Sara Zarr's books, but I haven't really enjoyed the 2 I've read. I'm not giving up though, so hopefully I find one I like.