Bell’s Star is a brown Morgan colt with a white star and two white stockings. He was bred for hard work, yet he longs to run free with his human friend, Katie, on his back. But when Star helps rescue a runaway slave girl, his ideas about freedom may change forever. Here is Star’s story . . . in his own words.
With exciting and knowledgeable text and lovely black-and-white art throughout—both by real horse owners—Horse Diaries are the perfect fit for all lovers of horses and history!
- I thought Elska was super cute, but this book was just as cute with an element of danger. I loved it!
- These are some very well written intermediate books. I'm so glad Gnome and I found these.
- Katie and Star are so brave, and they just want to do what is right, no matter the cost.
- The message of this book is something we all need.
- Gnome loved that the girl and horse were trying to help another person. I'm really proud of her for understanding and sympathizing with this story.
Previous Horse Diaries Book: