Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Starry Night

Title:
  Starry Night

Author:  Debbie Macomber

Publisher:  Ballantine Books

Date Published:  October 8, 2013

Genre:  Christmas, Romance, Contemporary

Rating:  ⭐⭐⭐






My Thoughts:

-    This was my very first Debbie Macomber book. I don't know why I chose this one out of all of her Christmas books, but it has been on my TBR for a while.

-    Carrie is tired of writing for the society column in her local magazine? newspaper? whatever. She makes a deal with her boss that if she can score an interview with the very famous and very elusive author, Finn Dalton, she can have her pick of assignments. Carrie is determined to succeed where other reporters have failed. After some convenient things happen, she gets stuck with Finn in his secluded cabin for a couple days. Obviously the two fall for each other, and Carrie has to decide whether she is going to publish her article or not. 

-    I am not the biggest romance fan. I found the script to be very convenient and predictable. There were some cute and funny moments though. I did enjoy the time they were snowed in and were forced to talk to each other, but I got a little bored with everything that came after. 

-    My favorite part about the book was the setting in Alaska. The frigid yet beautiful landscape was delightful. I want to visit Alaska some day and see the northern lights. 

-    Overall, I did enjoy the book while I was reading it. . .mostly. It was a light and fluffy story that suited the Christmas time spirit. If you are a Hallmark movie junky, you will probably love this book.

-    Out of curiosity, how many Debbie Macomber books have you read? Are her books a Christmas time tradition for you?

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Debbie Macomber. So, I guess that answers your question. This book sound like one I might enjoy since I love romance, except for the Christmas part. I'm not a huge Christmas story fan. That's mostly due to being married to a Christmas-hater for nearly 24 years. Maybe, I'd enjoy it if I didn't let Corey's Christmas bah humbugness get to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you haven't heard of Macomber. I feel like she is everywhere around Christmas.

      Delete
  2. That setting and their time together while snowed in would probably be my favorite part of this book, too. :) Hope you have a very Merry Christmas, Kami!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is about a cozy cabin in frigid temperatures, but it sounds lovely. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. I am glad you finally gave it a try but sorry it wasn't as great for you as advertised ;) I think the setting of this one really sold me on it, I loved the Alaskan setting and the forced close proximity trope. A lot of her holiday books are a bit trope and of course romance heavy. I will try to think of a better recommendation for you.

    ReplyDelete