Monday, December 20, 2021

Abby in Wonderland

Title:  Abby in Wonderland

Author:  Sarah Mlynowski

Series:  Whatever After #10.5

Publisher:  Scholastic Press

Date Published:  September 17, 2017

Genre:  Middle Grade, Fairy Tale Retelling

Rating:  ★★★★☆




My Thoughts: 

-    Abby usually visits fairy tales through the magic mirror in her basement, but this time she falls into a giant hole on a golf course, and instead of her brother and dog accompanying her, her two best friends and sort of enemy falls into the hole with her. Abby and her friends have to wander through Wonderland and figure out how to get back home. Abby also has to deal with Penny, who isn't her most favorite person. 

-    I like that Abby and Penny learn that they have more in common than they think. I also really like that Abby learns why Penny acts the way she does. It is a good lesson to learn. Often times, the mean kids at school are struggling in some way, and they are just acting out because they don't know how else to behave. 

-    I loved all the Wonderland characters. I am a sucker for Wonderland stories. It's whimsical setting and characters are delightful. 

-    Gnome and I enjoyed reading this together. We laughed and had a lot of fun. 


Previous Whatever After Books
(covers are linked to my thoughts on each book)

13547802 14759306 16043628
17981403 18527499 Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6)
 25779172 26892072

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you and Gnome are still enjoying reading these together. Does Gizmo enjoy reading books like these with you at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Gizmo and I read picture books together. She isn't interested in chapter books yet.

      Delete