Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Bridesmaid

The Bridesmaid

Goodreads Summary:  After years of watching couples come to blows over ice sculptures, Abby wants no part of the family business. She’d rather spend weekends kicking a soccer ball or antagonizing Noah, the cute son of a famous pastry chef–not doing the Electric Slide.

Then Abby’s barely legal sister, Carol, does the unthinkable–she announces she’s getting married and wants Abby to be her maid of honor. Clearly, Carol has lost her mind! Will Abby soon lose hers?

So what if Carol turns into Bridezilla? So what if the dresses are hideous? So what if the invitations get messed up? So what if Noah looks extra hot with frosting in his hair? Abby can handle it. After all, it’s just one day. Right?


My Thoughts:

-    I can see my sister and I promising each other we were never going to get married!!  ha ha!

-    Abby is pretty annoying.  She is really selfish and ornery.  She doesn't quite think things through.

-    Seems like the time period is in the early 90s.

-    Carol is super inconsiderate of Abby.  I would freak out if my sister changed my computer preferences and took over my room.  

-    This book reminds me of how painful it is to plan a wedding.  Seriously, engagements and planning a wedding sucks!!  I wish I had eloped.

-    I didn't like the use of the Lord's name throughout the book.  It is the only swear word used, and it could have been left out.

-    Abby assumes WAY too much.  She needs to chill!!

-    The ending is kinda sweet.  Everything turns out alright, but the it sure takes a while for everyone to be happy. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you review things. I love that they're just your thoughts bulleted out. I always try to make my reviews as on coherent piece and I think I miss out on a lot of important points because I don't want it to turn into a novel. But, I did a bulleted list like yours, it would solve the problem. I just don't know, with my OCD nature, if I can do a bulleted list, lol.

    ReplyDelete