Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Elliot and the Goblin War

Elliot and the Goblin War (Underworld Chronicles #1)

Back of the Book:    As of today, there are only 7 children who have ever read this book and lived to tell about it.  95 children successfully read the first chapter, but upon beginning chapter 2, they started blabbering in some language known only as "Flibberish."  38 children made it halfway through this wretched book before they began sucking their thumbs through their noses.

If you're very brave, perhaps you are willing to take your chances.  Be sure that you have told your family who gets your favorite toys if you do not survive this book.  Read it now, if you dare.  But don't say you haven't been warned, for this is a story that unfolds the mysteries of the Underworld.

My Thoughts:

-    The story was humorous and fun from the get go.

-    The Illustrations were great!  I loved how they appeared before the part of the story that was illustrated. 

-    I like the passages where the author speaks directly to the reader.  It adds back story, explanation, and it made me laugh.

-    I want chocolate cake now, with a big glass of milk!

-    This book was pretty cute, and I think a lot young readers would enjoy it, especially boys. 

-    Since I finished the book, I'm a little disappointed that I don't speak flibberish, but I'm glad I have all my limbs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment