Tuesday, April 10, 2012

David Copperfield



Description from PBS (I couldn't find a trailer in English):  As an aspiring writer, young David Copperfield (Daniel Radcliffe, Harry Potter films) could never have dreamed up a life story as epic as the one he was about to live. Born to a loving mother, Copperfield has a turbulent childhood at the hands of a cruel stepfather, followed by a rough education in real life at Mr. Creakle's school. Yet, Copperfield is also guided by unexpected goodness — in the forms of servant Peggotty, Mr. Micawber and aunt Betsey Trotwood. As Copperfield matures into manhood, he finds love, experiences betrayal, and reaches beyond the afflictions of his own life to find happiness. Bob Hoskins, Maggie Smith and Ian McKellen star in this 2000 adaptation of one of Charles Dickens's most autobiographical novels.

My Thoughts:

-    Daniel Radcliffe is so young!!

-    David's stepfather is a totally jerk!!  I hate him!

-    Maggie Smith plays a wonderful Betsey Trotwood!!  She is awesome!  I love the part where to she fends off David's stepfather!!  

-    All the sub characters were more lovable and memorable than the main character, David.  I loved Peggoty!!  She was so loyal.  Dora is so dumb, but she grew on me.  She is like child, but she is always happy and in good spirits.  I also loved Mr. Micawber and Mr. Dick!

-    I'm SO glad that serpent, Mr. Heeps, got what he deserved!!

-    The movie was really long, but it was really interesting, and I was do captivated.  The intricate story was so Dickens.  I love his works, and I'm super excited to read David Copperfield now!!  I haven't read it yet, but I am definitely going to now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment