Friday, April 20, 2012

Pandemonium

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)

Goodreads Synopsis:   I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.
Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.
My Thoughts:
-    I have mixed feelings about this book.
-    The story switches between Then and Now chapters.  Both time lines follow Lena, but it's just split between her struggles in the Wilds and her role as part of the Resistance.
-    There were two F bombs and a lot of swearing in this one.  I didn't like it.
-    The first book was filled with a lot of hope and love.  This one has a lot of anger.  Lena's character has changed a bit, and I'm not sure I like the new Lena.
-    The ending is TERRIBLE!!!  Another bad cliffhanger!!  Honestly, the last few lines made me feel like "Oh brother! Please don't do this!"
-    The unanswered questions from the 1st book don't get addressed until the VERY end!  I really wish the author had spent more time on the missing pieces from Delirium.
-    It almost doesn't feel like the same book series as Delirium.  The author's style has a changed a bit, and the feel of the book is just different.  There really isn't much to connecting the 2 books besides Lena and the ending.  
-    The book was still good to read.  If you loved Delirium, definitely give this a chance.  Like I said, I have mixed feelings.  I liked parts, but I didn't like other parts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment