Monday, April 23, 2012

Sherlock Holmes



My Thoughts:

-    This movie was a newer and fresher Sherlock Holmes.  I loved it!!  It was exciting!

-    I LOVE Robert Downey Jr. as Holmes.  He cracks me up! 

-    I thought Jude Law portrayed a really cool Watson.  I'm used to seeing an older pudgier Watson, and it was a nice change.

-    I don't like that everyone had an accent except Ms. Adler.  What is wrong with her?  Couldn't she pull off an English accent?

-    The action sequences were really good.  I loved how Holmes and Watson took down all the baddies.  

-    It was hilarious how Holmes got destructive when he got bored.  He is just like a dog.  When an intelligent dog gets bored, he destroys your house.  

-    It was good for me to watch this multiple times.  I caught on to a lot more and looked for different things.

-    I've heard a lot people say they didn't like this movie because it was dark.  I loved that aspect though.  It took place in Victorian England.  Things weren't all rainbows and sunshine.  I liked the the darkness and fear.  It added a lot to the urgency of solving the case.  

-    I'm way excited to see the 2nd movie!!

-    Confession:  I have never read any of the Sherlock Holmes books.  I desperately want to though, and I think I'll pick a copy for myself sometime soon!  

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I love this movie. RDJ is awesome as Holmes and I love the "chemistry" between him and Jude Law as Holmes and Watson.

    The second one is good too. I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to your review of that on as well.

    ReplyDelete