Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Delirium

Delirium (Delirium, #1)

Goodreads Description:   Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.


My Thoughts:

-    I can't imagine a world without love!!  It would be so tragic not to be able to love my husband and child.  Love drives me to do a lot of things for my family and others.  I would be a really selfish person if I didn't have love to serve and care for others.

-    I liked the little excerpts at the beginning of each chapter.  It helped me understand the culture better. 

-    Without love why do they marry and have children?  It is interesting that they still had family units. Without love, I think people would just procreate as a job or something.  

-    There were two F bombs in the book.  I thought they didn't need to be there.  It was kind of a shock, especially since the rest of the book is pretty clean.

-    I love Hana and her friendship to Lena.  Hana is so loyal!  Every girl needs a friend like her.  I love how their friendship was so realistic too.  They had arguments and disagreements, but they got over it and made up. 

-    The author does a wonderful job conveying the scenery.  She doesn't describe them in great detail, but I can picture everything so clearly and easily.  For example, all the beach scenes are so vivid in my mind.

-    Alex is quite the "knight in shining armor" fellow.  I really liked that he was strong independent person.  He didn't just sit around waiting for someone to tell him something.  He took action on his own.

-    The ending is KILLER!!!  The cliffhanger is terrible!!!  I can't wait to read the sequel!!

1 comment:

  1. This is another one that I've heard so many good things about, but haven't had the chance to read yet.

    ReplyDelete