Saturday, February 7, 2015

Agent Gates

15825744From Goodreads:    The hit series Downton Abbey, upon which this parody graphic novel is based, has been nominated for 16 Emmy Awards in 2012, including an acting nomination for Brendan Coyle, who plays valet John Bates (a.k.a. Agent Gates). Our book will release in January 2013, in time for the premiere of season 3 in the U.S.While the Granville family dutifully entertain their guests at Devonton Abbey, an ace team of Secret Service agents camp out as unsuspecting household staff, protecting the Royal Crown and her citizens from impending world war.

Who is aware of the international intrigue concealed below stairs? Will Agent Gates save Britain from her enemies while ensuring Devonton Abbey’s reputation is upheld? Will Lady Margaret secure a proposal from Martin Crawhill, the heir to the estate? Will Thompson and O’Malley ever get lung cancer?


“Preposterous.”
--The Dowager Countess


“Wicked and daring. An uproarious adventure suited for anyone who must bear the tedium of reality.”
--Lady Margaret

“The pictures are awfully nice.”
--Lady Flora

 “Slanderous…Utter rot.”
--Lord Granville

“A graphic expose that triumphs in its ability to question elitist society and esoteric class systems.”
--Lady Cynthia


“Can I be on the cover?”
--Lady Ethel
 




My Thoughts:

-    OMG! This was HILARIOUS! I hope there is more.

-    I loved how over dramatic all the characters were. All their personalities were magnified, and it cracked me up! 

-    I loved the supernatural twist on Downton. It was awesome!

-    The illustrations really captured the characters and everything!

-    The Dowager Countess's stare was so funny! I laughed every time. 

-    The play on names and situations were so great! 

-    I just can't say enough about this book!

-    This is a MUST read for Downton Abbey fans!! 

-    I hope there will be more of these!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun! Adding it to my to read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to read this. It sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to agree with the others. This looks fun!

    ReplyDelete