Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Giver



My Thoughts:

-    I finally watched this and I was very disappointed.

-    I liked how color was introduced. That was cool.

-    Jeff Bridges gave a great performance as the giver. I was a little skeptical about him in the role, but he did good. 

-    Some of those memory frame rates were pretty crappy.

-    I hate how Jonas was able to give memories to Gabe! It bugged me SO bad! Once you give those memories away, you don't have them anymore! Idiot!

-    I like how they called an elephant a hippo. That made me laugh.

-    The jump off the edge was SO dumb! The whole ending just dragged, and it was WAY too long. I felt like it would never end. It was dumb!

-    They strayed so far from the book. The subtly that made the book wondrous and beautiful was taken away. Instead the movie was intensified and more dramatic. I hated that!

-    The characters were good, but they strayed from the feeling and essence of the book/story. 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book, so I wasn't sure how it did compared to it. I liked the movie for what it was. I didn't understand everything that happened because I didn't have the background from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the book yet either but the movie didn't leave a lasting impression. I don't know why Hollywood tries sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the book. I'm not sure how much I'd like the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a review for this book, too. Yeah I was upset that they didn't clarify that Jonas was literally giving away good memories to Gabe. It's that sacrifice which is so moving in the novel.

    ReplyDelete