Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Marissa and Courtney

Right before comic con Suey, Jenni, Tori, and I went to see Marissa Meyer at The King's English. She was on tour for her newest book Fairest.
She was really fun. She was so happy and full of energy.
She read an excerpt from Winter! That was creepy and awesome!
She talked about her inspiration for Fairest and how she had to write Levana story before she could finish Winter.
She talked about inspirations for different characters.

Me and Marissa! She had this really cool backdrop.

We went to Noodles & Company afterwards for some tasty food!

 Last week was Courtney's launch party for Shutter!!! I was so excited! I've been waiting for this for years!
Courtney wore this super cute outfit, complete with zombie skirt.
She had an amazing presentation!
She talked about book godfathers aka books that have influenced her life and writing.
She showed a clip of Van Helsing.
She talked about 15 year old Courtney.
She talked about meshing different genres together.
She talked about a lot of things only a highly intelligent individual like her would know about. It was cool.

Signing my book!

Behind Courtney starting on the left is Me, Jenny, Jenni, Suey, and Toto.

Afterwards, we wen to JCWs for some grub!
We haven't been here for a while, and it was good to be back. We used to go weekly.


Upcoming Events:

Ransom Riggs
February 25
The King's English @ 7:00

Jennifer A. Nielson
February 28
Provo Library @ 4:00

If any of you would like to come with us, let us know! We'll save you a seat, and you can dine with us afterwards!

7 comments:

  1. This looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I got to come. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your recaps. They're short and sweet. I hate that picture of me at Noodles, though. Ugh. Oh well. I'm glad we have memories of the event and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those next events are both the same week! Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such fun at these events! I love reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so fun! I can't wait until things calm down and I can go to some of these events with you guys again :)

    ReplyDelete