Monday, February 2, 2015

Comic Con Fan X

I went to Comic Con Fan X this weekend! It was AWESOME!!
Here is a little recap:

Thursday

My bro and I checked out the vendor area first.
Here is the Lego display from the Utah Lego Users Group.


Our first panel was Anthony Michael Hall.
He was so kind and charming. I am a big John Hughes fan, so I was geekin' out a bit.
He called Breakfast Club, Weird Science, and Sixteen Candles his pre-puberty films.
He loved working with John Hughes.
He had a crush on Molly Ringwald, and they even dated a little bit after filming Breakfast Club.

Next we went to a Ghostbusters panel. My bro is fan, and wanted to hear about the new movie coming out. The panel was boring and a little too nerd for me.

We met up with Suey and Tori for Marvel Cinematic and TV Universe Trivia.
We played and had these 2 girls join our team. They were awesome and answered all the questions for us. We didn't lose, but we didn't win. We did good though. I was proud of our team.

Friday

 First panel of the day was with Christopher Lloyd! He was funny, but old!
He would go off on weird tangents and stuff. Someone asked him a question about Back to the Future and he started talking about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
His favorite line from Back to the Future is "Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."
His favorite Back to the Future film was the third one. He loved that it was a western, and he got to date Clara.




This panel was one of my favorites!
Rob Paulsen and Jess Harnell were SO hilarious! I loved it!
Rob sang 3 Yacko songs for us. It was great!
My child self was freaking out!

I got to see Tom Felton!
He was really nice and charming.
When a girl came up to ask a question, he'd say, "Hello lovely."
When a guy would come up he'd say, "Cheers mate."
He talked about being sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore and how disappointed he was.
He talked about meeting his girlfriend on set. She was a Gryffindor extra, and she plays his wife at the end of Deathly Hallows at the train station.
He didn't want the panel to end. He loved answering the questions.


This is Jim Cummings, Rob Paulson, and Jess Harnell reading the Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone script in their different character voices. Winnie the Pooh as Malfoy was hilarious! I almost died laughing.

 The magic of Pixar Panel with a couple Utah Authors.
This panel was eh. They just talked to each other about their favorite Pixar movies, characters, shorts, etc. Wish there had been more audience participation.
Sara B. Larsen was twitterpated and could barely talk. Right before the panel Matt Smith told her she had nice hair.

 We went to the Behind the Scenes for The Hobbit, but it was lame. I didn't learn anything new. The guy showed some pictures and talked about the movie. You can learn everything he said and more watching the Appendices on the extended bluray edition of the first movie.
Yes, I like to watch bonus features on movies.

I wanted a good seat to see Darth Maul, so we snuck in for Ralph Macchio .
He looks amazing for being 53!
He talked about The Outsiders and The Karate Kid.
He promoted Wax On Bleep Off. Apparently we need to watch it.
I haven't watched The Karate Kid. I caught 30 minutes of it at the gym a couple weeks ago, but that is my only exposure. I want to watch it now!
He was fun to see.


 Last panel of the day was DARTH MAUL!!! He was SO awesome! Very funny and nice.
He came out with a big Star Wars entourage. It was cool!

 He kept getting out of his chair to do weird poses and moves. It was great.
He talked about training Liam and Ewan (I loved how he said their names).
He has a very strong English accent, not a proper one. The one you can barely understand.
I didn't know his voice was dubbed for Darth Maul.


 The Tardis was onstage from a previous Dr. Who panel, and he wanted to get in it, so he went in a out a few times so we could take pictures.

At the end, there were a couple boys who weren't able to ask their questions, so he invited them onstage. Then he invited any other kid onstage and taught them a Darth Maul move. It was awesome!

Saturday

Carrie Fischer wasn't doing a panel, but they surprised us by announcing one for Saturday. I HAD to get into that panel, so we camped in the ballroom for a bit to get a good seat. We sat in on Billie Piper's panel.
I'm not a Whovian, but I enjoyed seeing her. She is fun.
I want to watch Dr. Who now.


Before Carrie came out, Darth Vader made an appearance onstage. They also had R2D2, Chewy, the 501st, and some Jedi. It was cool.

 When Carrie came out, we all went nuts! She did a little jig, and then she asked if any of us had a Coke. She wanted one. A girl brought her can, and that wasn't enough, so a guy brought her another can, and she gave this guy a big ol' kiss! It was hilarious! She freakin' made out with some dude!


They were nice and brought a couch out for her.
She wasn't allowed to talk about the new Star Wars movie. She said she was in it and Harrison broke his leg. That was it.
She talked about her family in the show biz.
She said she wanted to throw glitter on everyone. People who saw her at her booth got glittered, and she was determined to get all of us.

 Her dog, Gary, ran onstage and jumped up next to her. It was so cute!


 We got in on the Brandon and Dan show. It was funny. Most people were there for Sanderson, poor Dan.
They talked about their writing group and meeting each other.
They talked about their books.
They talked about the weird things they did to pitch their books to editors.
Brandon told aspiring writers to go to writing conventions like LDS Storymakers.

 BEST PANEL EVER!!!
Everyone loved the voice acting panel so much that they brought them back for an encore. They read more script. It was awesome!
I laughed so hard that I wanted to cry and pee my pants all at the same time.
When Jim Cummings said "Let's get dangerous!" in Darkwing Duck's voice, I flipped!!
Winnie the Pooh as Voldemort was awesome!


The last panel we went to was a history on the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland.
It was interesting. I love Disney history and trivia!

It was a great weekend! I slept half the day on Sunday, and played Pikmin 3 the rest of the day. I had to recoup and rest from Fan X. I was so tired.

I'm trying to readjust to normal life. It isn't easy. I have to be responsible again.
I can't wait for another convention! SO MUCH FUN!!

p.s. Thanks Suey for driving us and hanging out with me and me bro! It was fun going to some of these panels with you.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome recap! I hope to do mine soon. Tori made a list and we saw 18 celebrities! I'm overwhelmed with the idea of recapping the experience! You got some great pictures. Mine are all terrible. Tori is working on a video, so hopefully it will get done in time for me to post it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see Tori's video! Do you want any of my photos?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time! I hope someone posts the Harry Potter reading on youtube. The Star Wars one was hilarious. :D I'm glad you went and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I took a video of one of the scenes, but it isn't very good.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to go to one of these events someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you guys had a blast. It's crazy how exhausting these things are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous that you met Draco Malfoy!!! This whole thing looks like it was an absolute blast. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete