Wednesday, February 4, 2015

If the Shoe Fits

14759306Goodreads Says:    Once upon a time my brother and I found a magic mirror...

Tonight the mirror swept us into Cinderella's fairy tale. Now, we are NOT messing this story up. No way. Cinderella is going to marry her prince just like she's supposed to.

Uh-oh.

Cinderella broke her foot, and there's massive swelling. The glass slipper won't fit, the prince won't know she's the one for him, and they won't live happily ever after. And it's all our fault!

To save the day we'll need to:
- Learn how to use a dustpan
- Stay out of jail
- Find Cinderella a job
- Make sure true love finds its way

We just have to get it all done before the clock strikes twelve and the chance for a happy ending is gone . . . forever!


My Thoughts:

-    This is fun and cute! I'm really enjoying these books.

-    I love the twist on Cinderella. The crownies were really clever. It made me CRAVE brownies.

-    For some reason, I was expecting these two kids to meet up with classic fairy tale, but Cinderella's story is quite different.

-    I always like it when one of the step sisters is nice. 

-    I can't wait to read this to my daughter. She'll love it.

-    I love the little message of this book. Kindness and self reliance are always good things to talk about.

-    I really like how these stories are told from the girl's perspective. I love her thoughts/voice. It is quirky and fun. 

Previous Whatever After Book
(covers are linked to my thoughts)

13547802

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these. Sounds like something I would have loved way back when.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun read! And I'm intrigued by the "stay out of jail" part ...

    ReplyDelete