Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sisters

18225810Goodreads Says:    Three weeks. Two sisters. One car. A True Story

Raina can't wait to be a big sister. But once Amara is born, things aren't quite how she expected them to be. Amara is cute, but she's also a cranky, grouchy baby, and mostly prefers to play by herself. Their relationship doesn't improve much over the years. But when a baby brother enters the picture, and later, when something doesn't seem right between their parents, they realize they must figure out how to get along. They are sisters, after all.







My Thoughts:

-    I love the cute and colorful illustrations, especially the facial expressions. They crack me up!

-    Raina begging for a little sister is my daughter right now. I feel for those parents.

-    I liked all the flashbacks, and I liked how the pages were a little yellowed so it had this older feeling.

-    Raina and Amara's relationship reminds me a lot of me and my little sister. I can relate to a lot in this book.

-    I love the walkman! I used to listen to my CD player all the time to pass time and drown out other noise as well.

-    I love how realistic yet hilarious this story is. I think a lot of sisters will enjoy this graphic novel.

Previous Smile Book:
(cover is linked)

6764756

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. You're right, sounds like a good one for sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of read this one. I got Sisters for my 11-year-old son for Christmas, and he loved it so much, he insisted on reading it aloud to me, while I was in bed one morning trying to ignore the clock. I keep meaning to pick it up and see the pictures that go with the words!

    ReplyDelete